Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup WOODHILL COTTAGE TOMATO JAM
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- Garnish: shredded cheese, thyme sprigs
View our Helpful Hints to see some of the tools and accessories we used for this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook 2 minutes less than the package directs. Drain and set aside.
In a large oven-safe skillet (if you don't have a skillet that goes in the oven you can transfer your mac and cheese to a baking dish in a bit), melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
Add the milk, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat 5 minutes then add the tomatoes and stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Stir in the cooked pasta.
If transferring to a baking dish, spray the dish with non-stick spray. If not, transfer your skillet to the oven and top with the shredded cheese and bread crumbs, if desired.
Bake until golden and bubbly--about 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.