Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Chill: 30 minutes
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup WOODHILL COTTAGE TOMATO JAM
View our Helpful Hints to see some of the tools and accessories we used for this recipe.
Blend cheese, flour, butter, salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a food processor until dough is a coarse-meal texture and forms into a ball.
Remove the dough from the food processor, form a tight ball, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 400°F.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form 1 1/2 inch balls. Place them 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 7 minutes and then remove from oven. Press the back of a melon baller (or thumb) into each cookie and top with about 1 teaspoon of the Tomato Jam. Return cheddar cookies to the oven for 6 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature on a rack.